- All sign up sheets will be at Story Teller Cosplay’s booth. Please write clearly. If your handwriting is illegible, you will not be entered into the contest.
- Contestants can only enter in one of the following categories:
- Individual Masters Level (3 or more craftsmanship awards in the contestant’s career or if contestant does it professionally)
- Individual Journeyman Level (1 or more craftsmanship awards in the contestant’s career)
- Individual Novice Level (0 craftsmanship awards in the contestant’s career)
- Kids (age 12 or under, exempt from the 50% rule)
- Best Group (must be from the same series)
Awards will also be given out for:
- Best Overall
- Best Video Game character
- Best Anime Character
- Best Prop
- Judges’ Awards
- The judging is only guaranteed for the first 50 entrants signed-up before 3pm Saturday of the convention. Groups count as 1 entrant and only need to fill out one form. Stand-by entrants will only be judged if time permits.
- Entrants may be disqualified for improperly, illegibly, or dishonestly filling out the contest entry form.
- Contestants are expected to show up for judging no earlier than the time range indicated.
- Costumes that have won Craftsmanship awards (including Group) at previous conventions may only be entered if it’s in a higher category (Kids are exempt from this rule)
- Contestants must have made over 50% of their costume and props to be eligible to compete. Another party may model the costume, but said maker must be present during pre-judging. Entrants into the Kids category are exempt from this rule.
- All judging will be done before the Catwalk, off-stage, and focuses solely on craftsmanship. The detailed criteria and weighting of scores are completely up to the judges. There is no skit/performance portion to judging or the catwalk.
- To be judged for accuracy a visual reference can be turned in with the application. Preferably a front-side-back color picture printed on 8.5 x 11 paper. Bringing electronic media or video devices to judging will not be accepted. This is not required. You may not be eligible for accuracy points if the judges are not familiar with your character. References submitted will not be returned.
- All costumes and props must conform to NerdaCon’s behavior, safety, and prop weapon policies. Do not use any sort of projectiles and everything must stay on you. This is for your safety as well as the safety as others.
- Absolutely NO NUDITY.
- Entrants with large elaborate costumes may bring handlers to assist them onto, across, and off the stage. NerdaCon cannot guarantee it will have enough staff to assist all entrants.
- Violation of the rules may result in disqualification and possible removal from the convention grounds if it is safety related.
- NerdaCon is not responsible for any personal items and unfortunately can not hold or secure any belongings for contestant entrants. Please leave your bags, phones, etc with a friend or family member.
NerdaCon isn’t responsible for lost or damaged property.
By entering the costume contest, you agree to the costume contest rules and attendance policy.
NerdaCon reserves the right to make changes to these rules at any time.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]